Probably you just developed your website and may be you are thinking ahmm How can I promote it? How can I get traffic on it? Should I opt for Bulk Email Marketing or SEO or what? Or should I use Google Adwords which is Pay Per Click?
Yeah these kind of questions do pop up right after making a website, I know you are very excited and you think that you have made some thing that people will like and obviously your product/service or blog is better than those who already listed in Google. But still people are not coming to your website , there is simply not enough traffic on it and you are very desperate to get some valuable traffic.
The only question at this point of time is how can I get Traffic? You are willing to pay some expert , willing to buy any SEO/SEM/Marketting package that promises to give you ranking.
But rationally ask yourself , Is it so easy to get traffic? like get a package and boom in 15 days you are on Google first page, Is it possible? Okay, lets assume that it is possible for SEO guys and marketers to easily get you traffic, Then why they are selling you their services? Why they don’t sell products and create their own busnesses?
The thing is even if you get ranked within a month a great amount of risk is knocking on your door and sooner or later google will penalize your website and the only solution you would have at that point of time is to change the domain and make a new website. The reason of predicting this is because Google likes the one who builds links slowly and naturally and most of cheap SEO guys have 1000’s of spam links that they will use for their every client.
Attitude of Website Owner
SEO is one of those jobs which can not be done without the input of Client, Client should know the basics of SEO so he/she have good know how of the working of SEO processes. You should read about, What are the processes involve in SEO? What are the impact of these processes? Are they inter-depended on each other? So yeah for hiring someone good you should have basic knowledge because one wrong design can make your pay your whole website.
You should take SEO very seriously , whatever a SEO guy is doing on your website will have an impact in future it may be positive it may be negative.
- Do not buy predefined packages for example buy 100 backlicks for $20.
- Do not expect SEO guy to rank you in a fix amount of money, when you give him fix amount of money the chances are he/she will use bad SEO Practices to get it done quickly and save his/her time.
- Do no ask for deadline always ask for reporting.
- Always encourage someone who is willing to work on ongoing base and on hourly basics.
- Avoid switching to different SEO guys as much as you can.
- Lot of clients think they are smart when the ask their SEO guy “Give us ranking and get paid” you know what will happen after that he will do anything to get you rank, he is not your business partner or like your friend the only reason he is working for you is money.
- Encourage your SEO guy to always looks for quality links.
- Before developing your website try to get advise on which platform is SEO friendly and other SEO practices that are needed in the process of development.
- Remember ranking is not that only report that you should be worried about, you should also ask for progress about number of links built within a month , quality of those links , relevancy of those links and keyword to text ratio.
Build a Trust Relationship with Your SEO Guy
Any employee working on a key position where the growth of your company matters always have two options either he can take your company’s growth to next level or to a very bad level. Especially for small businesses it is very important to build a very trustful relationship with SEO guy because he is holding very key and sensitive position. Always remember one bad mistake of SEO guy can make your pay really hard and deep.
Always try to be friendly with him but also keep an eye on him. The key is keep him as motivated as you can and also try to build his personal connection with your business. If you manage to put your dream in your SEO guy’s head, he will be working harder for sure but he will also be getting lot of creative and new ideas to promote your website. If your company is growing give him incentives and bonuses , always appreciate him and if things are not going good support him and give him proper time to get you rank.
What you should do after getting ranked?
Don’t be relax you got the ranking congrates! But you need to keep going as hard as you can because your competitor will take you seriously now. Google ranking is not constant if you have very high bounce rate or your competitor is doing good you will be thrown out to page 2 or 20 within a day.
Just keep on working hard , after getting ranking your goal is to maintain the ranking and for maintaining the ranking you have to work even harder.
Always be creative and keep a close eye on bounce rate.